Peter Loso was main settlers to reach to the St. Joseph area and founded the German settlement deal in August, 1854. He stated section 9-10 which the Village of Saint Joseph was platted. Numerous others soon followed and the Township was planned in 1858 covering 81 square kilometers. Actually called Clinton, St. Joseph obtained its current name in 1870. Many settlers emerged for the land, using its fertile soils, and the opportunities America provided.
The settlers built many businesses and homes and eventually the Town was designed in 1890. As the township grew, so did the needs of its residents, and the concerns of the lawmakers. As part of their plan in the 1890's, they made a decision to construct a prison, install a open public well, build and repair real wood sidewalks, and establish liquor licenses at $500 each. Fires were also an issue and around 1885 the Hook and Ladder Co. No. 1 was prepared, which happens to be the St. Joseph Flame Dept.
By the first 1900's St. Joseph was thriving with around 600 residents. Farming was starting to support the people after multiple many years of hardship because of the severe winters and the grasshopper plague of 1856. The milking machine became available in 1905 minimizing the time to milk cows so more time could be spent on crops and creature care. Soon after, World War 1 required many farmers to leave their homes to battle.
After the battle ended people were in a position to website get their lives again on the right track, at least for a while, before the stock market crash in 1929. Also, at this time, prohibition was in place so many of the farmers turned to making moonshine, which somewhat reduced the hardships of the marketplace crash. Using the depression effecting every person in town, the get more info city needed to keep together more than ever. Through a federal offer, the Council could hire the unemployed to help clean and keep maintaining the Village.
On Dec 7, 1941 the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor which officially got into the united states into World Battle 2. Rationing website tokens received out because so many items were in short supply. In those days St. Joseph got a populace of around 1050, losing 10 heroic military to the battle. The community continued to be strong and continuing to increase the Town, adding a normal water tower in 1949, along with a new Community well. In 1959, St. Joseph started fluoridating its normal water supply, and carries on to take action.